Assets monitoring and management device
- Name: Mlekovita – the biggest dairy company in Poland, which is hiring over 5000 employees, have 19 manufacturing plants and is selling their products in 159 countries.
- Country: Poland
The Company has been dealing with the following issues:
- confirmation of the number of litres received from the Manufacturer was entered manually on the PZ print,
- after the route was completed, drivers delivered prints to the Purchase Department, who had to manually enter over 2,000 collections per day into the billing system,
- all errors arising in the process of typing and rewriting were verified manually at the end of the month,
- failure to detect the error resulted in a complaint from the Manufacturer and lack of confidence in the Plant,
- the employee reporting process was not fraud-resistant.
- The IoT devices were installed and connected to the RS232 port of the computers supporting the pump
- The quantity and temperature of milk received was sent directly to the cloud after milk collection
- The value is published immediately in the Transportation Management System available in real-time to the Customer
- The values are also sent to the billing system
Experience we shared
The cooperation started with a detailed audit of the equipment was carried out, which had transporters carrying out the process of milk collection.
- due to the diversity of the truck’s equipment, a set of different firmware has been prepared that supports various data formats sent via the RS232 port,
- parsers for transmitting information from devices to the Transportation Management System system and to an external billing system were prepared,
- algorithms recognizing adverse effects (driver errors, abuse) have been introduced.
The process is fully automatic and does not require the participation of dairy workers, manually completed prints have been eliminated.
One employee from the Purchase department who was able to enter receipts manually was moved.
Drivers’ work has been improved.
Fraud has been limited.
Reporting time has been limited.